SHARP Literacy Director of Programs
POSITION TITLE: SHARP Literacy Director of Programs
The SHARP Literacy Director of Programs will lead a team of part-time educators and leverage technology to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization’s core school-year and summer programs.
This highly organized, strategic, and detail-oriented person will be the primary contact for the schools in Milwaukee, Waukesha County and Racine networks participating in the SHARP Literacy program. The Director of Programs will play a key role within a collaborative and fast-paced environment and will need to multitask, respond quickly to diverse stakeholders within and outside of the organization, and prioritize work effectively.
This position requires an ability to communicate the organization’s goals clearly and motivate others to achieve them. A successful candidate will be able to analyze quantitative and qualitative data, exhibit strong observation and listening skills, create summary reports on program successes and challenges, and make recommendations to senior staff for continuous improvement.
Experience with elementary education is highly recommended as well as an affinity for and understanding of technology, data science, technology education and arts-based learning.
OVERALL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, observe and evaluate, provide coaching, offer professional development and support to SHARP educators.
- Coordinate in-school and summer programs; maintain continuous visibility at schools, partner sites and with educators; work with all stakeholders to help them understand expectations regarding deadlines, program deliverables, assessments/survey completion, and other responsibilities.
- Build and sustain growth and communication between the schools, sites, educators and SHARP Literacy; forge new partnerships as needed
- Maintain digital calendars and files in real time for internal use and update online portals for external educator use, using technology for training purposes
- Maintain fiscal responsibility; collaborate with Director of Finance to process payroll and invoices, work with Vice President of Education to negotiate vendor bids and contracts.
- Coordinate professional development opportunities for SHARP educators, classroom teachers and site partners through in-person and digital platforms as needed, including managing invitations and RSVPs, developing agendas and materials, securing venues, food/beverage and other logistics.
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative data collection and data entry for core school-year and summer programs; collaborate with fund development department on utilizing data for grant reporting purposes; make data-driven recommendations to education team, senior staff and, in collaboration with Vice President of Education and President, to SHARP Literacy Board of Directors.
- Manage book distribution and inventory; work with schools and SHARP staff to develop and implement fiscally responsible inventory management processes.
- Facilitate in-school workshops with students and teachers as needed.
- Serve as an ambassador for SHARP Literacy in community-wide initiatives and at events.
- Consistently work to grow and strengthen SHARP programs.
- Attend SHARP staff, Program Committee, and/or Board meetings as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education, non-profit administration or related fields
- Three or more years of successful experience teaching and/or working in an urban school setting with diverse students preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience managing and supervising people
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent listening, organization, writing and oral communications skills
- Ability to collect/analyze data, and engage in data-driven decision-making
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and problem solve
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds
If interested, please apply via the "Apply for this Position" button. For additional information contact Vice President of Education Marisa Riepenhoff at email@example.com.