Part Time SHARP Literacy Educator
We are looking for a SHARP Literacy Educator
SHARP Educators play a critical and integral role in the success of the SHARP program. Each educator facilitates one hour learning workshops for students (K3-5th grades) using SHARP program materials. Additionally, educators must demonstrate ease in using technology as a learning tool and capability of instructing elementary students in hands-on interactive lessons.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate interactive one-hour workshops using SHARP program materials. Arts integration projects and computer-based lessons will be used to reinforce concepts.
- Engage students during workshops in a manner that reflects cultural awareness and experiential learning.
- Differentiate workshops based on the needs and experiences of the SHARP students.
- Administer student reflections.
- Schedule individual school workshops with all assigned teachers in a timely manner.
- Attend professional development provided by SHARP Literacy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in education, computer science, technology, the arts, or related fields desired.
- One or more years of experience teaching and/or working in an urban school setting with diverse students preferred.
- Experience in teaching STEAM content to elementary students or a desire to learn.
- Proficiency using PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and e-mail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ease in using technology and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a high degree of flexibility.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus, but not required.
If interested, please apply via the "Apply for this Position" button. For additional information contact Vice President of Programs and Partnerships Tamela Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.